How to SEO your website
While blogging attracts a lot of traffic, bad blogging is dampening to one’s reputation. Blogs need to be educational and helpful. One needs to find out ways to improve ones visibility and website content. A review on a website will automatically generate some discussion on the site’s SEO. SEO is dearly required in some sites while others can manage beautifully without one. A speedy system is required to go through the site and provide a quick snapshot of the SEO. Smaller sites require less than 30 minutes for a snapshot of their on page SEO while larger sites will not require more than 60 minutes.
A. visit your website www.yourwebsite.com
1. If this redirects one to some other URL, it is bad and one needs to recheck the spellings and request it again.
2. Once inside the page, the page title must be reviewed. One must observe certain things like use of relevant keywords, primary keywords and also check whether the site is correctly formatted.
3. One also needs to review site navigation and content
2) Page URLs then come next. check the URL structure, path names, file names one has to judge how long the file names are, how far away from the roots they are and their method of representation. Dashes and underscores must be noticed. In short Canonical URLs are best for SEO
3) Check for Meta Description of your website,is it related with your website, have you used your keywords in it. It should not be lengthy keep it in 100-200 words.
4) Keywords must be utilize in your website content and in correct manner.You should also use Image Alt tags in your images for better SEO. Search engine don’t recognize images(well most of them) so we use img alt tags to tell them image keywords.
5) One can check the appropriate and adequate amount of text
6) The appropriate keyword usage needs to be observed Sitemaps needs to be understood
7) Check your website for Hidden Text’s. (hidden text is counted as Black hat Seo method which is penalize by Search Engines).
8) You should also check your website for duplicate content(most of search engines hates them).
B. Check robots.txt file. You should check if something important is not blocked by robot.txt file in your home directory
C. You should also do a site:yourwebsite.com search in all Major search engines to compare pages indexed .
Well this should do the on page SEO for your website(although this is not a complete list, but it will do the magic work for you) now comes the most important part OffPage SEO